- Detects if the face has been seen in a previous transaction within your account.
- Useful for stopping fraudsters that are using the same face but different ID data.
- Provides the biggest value in combination with Liveness, as IDs can be manipulated whereas liveness cannot be spoofed.
1:n has to be activated for your account. Contact your Jumio Account Manager for activation.
If we detect a repeated face, the transaction will be rejected as DENIED_FRAUD > MISMATCHING_DATA_REPEATED_FACE (113).
Use our Retrieval API to retrieve a list of transaction references ("faceSearchFindings") where duplicates have been found.
Retrieve the data of the affected transactions such as the name, date of birth, and photo and compare it with the information of the recent transaction.
What is a "finding"?
- If one or many (up to 50) transaction references are returned in the "findings" parameter, it means that the face (on the ID or Selfie) is matching with another face (on the ID or Selfie) from a previous transaction.
- Do not allow multiple transactions within one user account in the first place (except for retries).
- Exclude incomplete transactions (NO_ID_UPLOADED, ERROR_NOT_READABLE_ID) as this can be a valid retry.
- If a finding is returned either
- automatically reject the transaction or
- compare the name and date of birth with the information of the previous transaction
- Retrieve the data by using the Retrieval API > Retrieving Details
- There can be also wrong findings but as long as one finding is correct it should be considered as a duplicated user.
- If a transaction has been rejected via DENIED_FRAUD > MISMATCHING_DATA_REPEATED_FACE (113) you can use related transactions returned in the "findings" parameter to block them internally as well.